Faculty of Law Activities
The Faculty of Law has carried out several activities that enrich the teaching process, and contribute to the strengthening of the legal intellectual momentum for its students. These activities include:
The Faculty team has achieved the second rank in the mock trial and which is represented by the student Rasha abu Shakdam and the student Muhammad Nawaiseh. The student Rasha has wined the prize of the best legal argument under the supervision of Dr Abduraoof Kasasbeh. This mock trail comes under the program of justice pioneers and which held on Saturday 15 Oct 2016 under the patronage of the judicial Council and Rasheed organization for Integrity and Transparency. Eight public and private universities have participated in this Mock trial. These universities are Mu’tah, Jerash, Zarqa, Yarmouk, Middle East, Al Al-Bait, Amman, and applied Sciences. It came under the title (protection of the informers and witnesses and the equality between the two sexes”.
A new master programme has been launched in the field of Intellectual property and the Invention administration by the support of EU as of the academic year 2016/2017.
Developing and updating the study plan for the Bachelor of Law program so that students can now study a total of 142 credit hours. This comes in compliance with the private accreditation standards for the specialty of law. This also copes with the new developments relating to cyber crimes and international trade.
Preparing and writing many scientific books and legal articles, which in turn will enrich the legal library and constitute important references for students and researchers.
The Faculty of Law graduates reach 3396 students starting from the date of its establishment till now: 3083 BA students and 313 MA students.
The Faculty members have participated in many seminars and workshops:
Professor Ja’far Al-Moghrabi, Dean of the Faculty, and Dr Basel Nawaiseh, Head of the Private law department, participated in the regular meeting in Estonia concerning the master programme in the Intellectual property and Invention administration, from the period 15-19 November 2015.
v A conference on investment rules between national legislation and international agreements and their impact on the economic development in the United Arab Emirates, Prof. Musleh Al-Tarawneh participated in this conference and prepared a working paper entitled "the scope of the jurisdiction of the international centre for the settlement of the disputes arising from foreign investment contracts dispute in accordance with the Washington Convention (ICSID)".
* The labour law and social security law – a lecture delivered by Prof. Jafar Al- Moghrabi in the Arab Potash Company.
* Prof. Mohammed Al-Khalayleh attended the inauguration of the Police College in Qatar on Thursday 19 / 3/2015.
* Dr. Basil Al-Nawaiseh participated in a conference on "migration issues in the Arab world" in the Moroccan capital city/ Rabat during the period 30/4 – 3/5/2014.
* Dr. Basil Al-Nawaiseh participated in a conference on "refugee issues in the Arab World" which was organized by the Arab Organization for Young Lawyers and held in the Lebanese capital city / Beirut during the period 5-10/ 3/2015.
* Prof. Mohammed Al-Khalayleh participated in a seminar on "administrative judicial experience in Jordan: reality and hope" which was held in the Middle East University on Sunday 8/ 3/2015.
* Prof. Mohammed Al-Khalayleh participated in the signing of a convention on the "anti-corruption efforts in the Arab world" which was held in the University of Jordan on Sunday 1/3/2015.
* Prof. Mohammed Al-Khalayleh participated in the round table meeting of the deans of the faculties of law at Jordanian universities on Tuesday 10/2/2015 to discuss the initiative that is entitled "universities against corruption."
* Prof. Abdul-Elah Al-Nawaiseh participated in a scientific forum on "developed crimes in light of the current regional and international changes" which was held in cooperation with Naif Arab University for Security Sciences and the General Directorate of the Gendarmerie and which was held in Amman 2-4 / 9/2014.
* Prof. Abdul-Elah Al-Nawaiseh participated in the meeting which was organized by the Alicante University / Spain and which was held by the support of the Tempus project: 28/9/2014 – 3/10/2014.
* Prof. Amin Adaileh delivered a lecture entitled "the reality of Jordanian political parties and challenges", which is organized by the National Centre for Human Rights and with the support of Friedrich Neumann Foundation within the activities of the workshop which is entitled "internal democracy of the parties": 12/9/2013.
* Dr. Salim Al-Adaileh participated in a workshop entitled "self-evaluation of academic programs," which was held in the period 15-16 / 6/2013 in Amman.
* Prof. Abdul-Elah Al-Nawaiseh & Prof. Mekhled Tarawneh participated in the symposium organized by the Jordanian Judicial Institute in cooperation with the German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) on "the application of international human rights conventions in the Jordanian and German courts," which was held on Landmark Hotel / Amman 14- 15/5/2013
* Prof. Mohammed Al-Khalayleh and Dr. Salim Al-Adaileh participated in a symposium held by the Jordanian Judicial Institute in cooperation with the German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) on "constitutional law" which was held on in the Landmark Hotel / Amman 6-7/2/2013. Prof. Amin Al-Adaileh participated in this symposium too.
The college endeavours to open the legal clinic, which is a legal window connecting the Faculty of Law with the legal expertise and the local institutions and bodies. Formal letters have been sent to the ABA and Jordanian Bar Association to help in this matter.
The Faculty of Law held many workshops and seminars that focus on a number of important legal topics, such as:
* In collaboration with the Human Rights Club, the Faculty held a seminar on “the recent amendments to the Jordanian Bar law”: 31/3/2015.
* The Human Rights Club, which is supervised by the Faculty of Law participated in many events relating to getting rid of violence in the university.
* The Faculty set up in collaboration with the Human Rights Club seminar on "the role of university students in the promotion of human rights concepts" which is held on Tuesday, 05.11.2013.
* The Faculty of Law with the cooperation of the Faculty of Social Sciences supervised a joint event on the occasion of Kingdom’s celebrations on the World Human Rights Day 08/12/2013. A mock trial was conducted among a number of law students about women rights in Jordanian legislation.
* The Faculty of Law with the cooperation of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the Department of National Library in the Ministry of Culture and the Jordanian Judicial Council organized a workshop on "Intellectual property" on Wednesday 26 / 2/2014.
* The Faculty of Law organizes a graduation ceremony for the Faculty graduates every year. The ceremony includes many educational and social events.
* The Faculty of Law hosted Ms. Kimberly Thomas, the criminal law expert, who delivered a lecture on criminal law on 02/27/2011.
* The Faculty of Law organized a workshop on "interactive teaching methods" in cooperation with ABA on 04/10/2011.
* The Faculty of Law organized a seminar on "fair trial guarantees" in collaboration with the Legal Network for Arab Women on 8/5/2011.
The Faculty of Law participated in the evaluation of the performance of the University of Bahrain Faculty of Law students. Most faculty members participated in the evaluation of the study plans for the BA and MA levels and in the preparation of the syllabus for many courses as well as in the valuation of the final exam questions for many academic semesters.
Many Faculty members participated in the discussion of many Masters and PhDs theses in many universities in Jordan and abroad.
The Faculty of Law role is not only limited to enhance the academic level of its students in the theoretical level but it also seeks to enhance their level in the practical level. This comes through the introduction of many academic courses such as civil procedures, criminal procedures, judicial applications, etc). In addition, the faculty arranges visits to the courts and rehabilitation centres. A last visit by the faculty students was made on 28/12/2014 and its destination was the Forensic Laboratory and the rehabilitation centre in Swaqah.
Law Students have been active in participating in different activities of the local community, including:
* Distribution of Jordanian flag and loyalty logos among the University Students and visitors, in cooperation with the Public Police and All Jordan Youth Association (2/11/2015)
* Visiting the Jordan House of Senates accompanying the President on 30/10/2015.
* Distribution of food staff to poorcommunities during Ramadan in coordination with Human Right Club at the Deanship of Students Affairs
* The Faculty of Law organizes a reception ceremony for the first year students who are accepted at the beginning of each semester.
* The Faculty of Law subscribes in the Official Gazette, the Bar Association journal, the judicial journal, the Adaleh e-base, and the Qistas e-base.
* Law Students have been active in participating in different activities of the local community, including:
1. Distribution of Jordanian flag and loyalty logos among the University Students and visitors, in cooperation with the Public Police and All Jordan Youth Association (2/11/2015)
2. Visiting the Jordan House of Senates accompanying the President on 30/10/2015.
3. Distribution of food staff to poorr
A new master programme has been launched of the academic year 2016?2017 in the intellectual property and the innovation administration.