Sport Sciences College
The College of Sport Sciences
The opening of The Department of Physical Education in the College of Educational Sciences was in the first semester 1992/1993 academic ear. The College grants bachelor's degree in Education - Physical Education, and subsequently the opening of special sport teacher education centre.
With the expansion of the university to provide academic programs of different complement of colleges specialized agencies, the College of Sports Sciences established in the 1999/2000 school year. It started its first academic year which is divided into two academic sections with hundred and twenty students. At the beginning of the 2002/2003 academic year the names of the departments in the college have been modified to become the Department of Physical Education and The Department of Rehabilitation and Sports.
The buildings of the college include major multi-purpose hall that can accommodate about three thousand spectators. In addition to the four sub-galleries especializeded in gymnastics and rhythmic exercise, a fitness and physiology lab and a computer lab, a swimming pool and an olympic quarter. Also,they include squash courts,and an outdoor multi-purposes hall.
1. To prepare qualified staff for field physical education (classroom teachers).
2. To develop the performance levels of on-the job teachers (in-service teacher education program)
3. To qualify nominees for work in sports club, youth centers, and military sport unions.
4. To set up programs for physical education certification.
5. To prepare qualified exercise rehabilitation specialists to work in hospitals and health clubs.