The Department of Engineering workshops
Director Mr. Mahmoud Ali Aldmour.
EWD was established in 1985 at Mutah University and equipped with industrial equipments which are used for scientific research and training of students, production of metal and wood furniture, glass, spare parts for university facilities. In 1985 engineering workshops department was related to Engineering College in the military wing. After that, the civilian wing was established and had the department had been extended to cover the needs of furniture for all colleges and administration unites and departments
The organization chart includes the following :-
- Wood Working Section
- Metal Welding Section
- Lathing Section
- Casting Section
- Follow-up Section
- Supply Section
- Training Section
Provide fast technical services to students of Engineering College, administration staff and all communities of university.
To achieve perfect engineering services for students and college members. we also aim to produce most of the wooden and metal furniture and industrial products for the university in both wings; achieving the best possible quality at the lowest cost.
- Training students of engineering college and equip them with basic skills to use the tools and hand tools and operating some production machinery.
- Equipping students of mechanical engineering department with some advanced practical skills in production processes and metal machining .
- Producing all projects that designed by engineering student or by engineering college members .
- Producing most metal and wooden furniture , spare parts for university and make maintenance for all departments production .
- Training the colleges students and vocational training center.